Croham Hurst is a traditional golf club. Members are expected to conduct themselves in a disciplined, courteous and sportsmanlike manner, showing consideration for other players and members at all times. To uphold the spirit of this aim, the Captains' Committee has determined the appropriate dress code for all members, including juniors and visitors.
DRESS ON THE COURSE
(Including Practice Grounds and Putting Green)
- The most appropriate wear is that which has been designed specifically for golf.
- Golf shoes must be worn. Any other type of shoe, including trainers, can be dangerous and/or cause damage to the course.
- The wearing of denim is not appropriate.
- The wearing of knee length tailored shorts is permitted with plain knee length or white sports socks that must be above the ankle( slip socks are permitted). Any other type of shorts or socks is not appropriate.
- Unless specifically designed for golf, the wearing of collarless or sleeveless shirts is not appropriate.
- The wearing of shirts outside trousers is not appropriate.
- (Exceptionally ladies may wear round-necked blouses/shirt with sleeves or sleeveless blouse/shirts with collars and are allowed to wear shirts or blouses outside skirts, shorts or trousers.)
If any doubt should exist please refer to the Club Manager, Professional or member of the Captain’s Committee.
DRESS IN THE CLUBHOUSE
- Lounge and Dining Room – Sundays 12 noon – 4pm and other Formal Occasions. Gentlemen are required to wear a jacket and shirt with a collar – a tie is not obligatory.
- Croham Hurst Golf Club would be delighted if members and guests are attired in jacket, collar & tie at all other times but smart casual wear is acceptable, with the exception of shell suit, sleeveless or collarless shirts and trainers. Smart denim including jeans is acceptable in the clubhouse. Ladies may wear sleeveless/collarless shirts/dresses.
- For men, the wearing of shirts outside of trousers is not appropriate.
- Shorts that adhere to the ‘on the course’ code may be worn at any time in the 19th bar and in the lounge and dining room up to 7pm (exception in the lounge and dining room on Sunday between 12 noon and 4pm).
- The wearing of golf shoes in the lounge, dining room, 19th bar and entrance hall is not permitted. Hats must be removed in the Clubhouse.
- Damp or soiled golf attire is not appropriate outside the locker rooms.
- For security, golf bags, trolleys and other golf equipment should not be left in the locker rooms unless stored in a locked locker.
Members are reminded that it is their responsibility to advise their visitors to Croham Hurst of the dress code.
The Club’s staff are instructed not to serve members and visitors who do not observe the above dress code. Please do not put our staff in a position where it is necessary for them to bring this to your attention.